Mold is not only a problem for your home; it is a problem for your health. Don’t wait to have your home treated after you spot mold. Mold remediation requires a professional with the gear and know-how to treat mold in your home.
Here are a few mold tips everyone should know:
- Mold can be present everywhere. That includes indoor and outdoor spaces.
- The naked eye does not see mold spores. They can float around in the air after entering your home through windows, doors, or HVAC systems. They can even get in by catching a ride on your clothing or pet.
- Mold spores thrive in moisture. When they find a space they like, they multiply quickly into colonies.
- It is essential to address any sources where water or moisture has accumulated, like the laundry room, kitchen, or shower. Mold could return otherwise.
- You can usually sniff out the source of the mold. It produces a strong, musty odor.
- Make sure to keep indoor humidity below 45 percent to reduce mold growth.
Have a Mold Problem?
After spotting mold in your home or place of business, the top priority is safety.
- In just 48-72 hours, mold can grow significantly.
- Mold is hazardous to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- If you begin to smell a musty order, it may also indicate mold that’s hidden behind drywall or under your carpet.
- The most dangerous mold is the mold that you cannot see. If you suspect there is mold in your home but you are not sure where it is, call a professional immediately.
Dos and Don’ts if You Have a Mold Problem
- Stay out of affected areas. Breathing in air contaminated by mold can be dangerous to your family’s health. It is essential not to enter the affected areas. Block off the room if at all possible.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans. Moving air only increases the problem by circulating the affected air around your home.
- Make sure you and your children do NOT touch or disturb the mold in your home.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself or clean with bleach or other disinfectants.
Do I Have to Leave My House?
It is often thought that you need to pack up your bags and temporarily relocate during the mold remediation process in your home. This is not always the case. For most circumstances, you can stay in the comforts of your home.
During the remediation process, the infected area is isolated from the rest of the home. Negative air machines and air scrubbers work to keep the spores from spreading. With a full-sized crew, this job might only take 1-3 days.
Are you looking for mold treatment services in Atlantic City? The team at HS Restoration is here for you. We work hard to make your home clean and safe again. We are fully staffed with highly certified & licensed technicians that can help you in just about any disaster situation. Visit our website to see why Southern New Jersey families trust us as the leading cleaning and restoration company in the area.